Sunday, October 6, 2013

C4K Summary for September

Comments Encouraged!

By reading the different aged students from around the world during the month of September, it really opened me to the idea of using blog posts in my classroom one day. I can only imagine the excitement that students get, especially the younger students, when a college student comments on their blog. This is also a wonderful way to post all of the work a student does and to incorporate technology in the classroom.


For my first C4K assignment, I was assigned a tenth grade student named snowflake. This student discussed why they believed that Southern life is such a wonderful thing. This student went into detail of all of his or her favorite things about living in the South such as country music, riding horses, and even our wardrobe. I thought snowflake did an excellent job discussing why she felt the way she did. She even told a story explaining the importance of horse riding safety. Snowflake’s post was intriguing and really interesting to read. There really is no such thing as being too Southern just as snowflake quoted Lewis Grizzard.
There is no such thing as being too Southern.
C4K Comment #1 –

Hi! My name is Haley Smith, and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I was born and raised in the South, and I have to say that you are right. The South is where the tea is sweet and our accents are sweeter. I like your tips on riding a horse. Luckily, I have never fallen off of a horse, and I hope that day never comes. There are many precautions that you must make for your safety most importantly and also the safety of your animal. My favorite things about being a Southerner are sweet tea, Alabama football, cool fall weather, sandy beaches, and Southern hospitality. I couldn’t imagine ever leaving the South. Great work. I loved your thoughts.

C4K #2 – New York

Fao Schwarz Toy StoreFor my second C4K post, I was assigned a student that didn’t have any posts published. I chose another student from the same class named Candy. In her blog post, she described the trip that she was currently on while she posted the blog. I really thought it was cool that she took time from her trip to tell her followers and classmates of the trip she was having. In her post, she tells her audience of the toy store that she went to, Fao Schwarz. It was a good read for her audience.

C4K Comment #2 –

Hello Candy, 
My name is Haley Smith, and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I loved reading your post! I have never been to New York personally, but I hope that one day I get to go. It was so much fun reading about your adventure to New York and to Fao Schwarz Toy Store! It is cool that you are still blogging even though you aren’t home! Keep up the excellent work!



Rainbow Warrior
My final C4K post for the month of September was on Sesalina @ PT England School in New Zealand. Her post showed a lot of knowledge on the Rainbow Warrior Attack in 1985. She explained in her post how the attack was done, what happened as a result of it, and what it meant for the nations involved. The attack took place when two French spies suited up as divers and attached two bombs to the bottom of the ship. Later, this bombing resulted in Fernando Pereira’s death and the arrests of the two French spies. These spies were later awarded for bombing the Rainbow Warrior after they returned from the island they were imprisoned at. The French government later paid New Zealand $13 million. The nuclear weapon affected everyone that was near the bombing due to radiation, death, cancer, poisoning, health problems, and birth death. Sesalina believes that we should get rid of all nuclear warfare so there will be no more injuries or death. She wants a nuclear free zone.  

C4K Comment #3 –

Hey Sesalina!

My name is Haley Smith, and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I was assigned your blog this week. By reading your post on the Rainbow Warrior Attack, I can tell you know a lot about the attack including what happened to the people that bombed the ship! I hope you keep up the good work! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment