Sunday, November 3, 2013

Blog Assignment #11

Little Kids...Big Potential
Cassidy 13 Part 1
Little Kids...Big PotentialCassidy 13 Part 2
Cassidy 13 Part 3

After watching the videos and interviews, I learned some things from Cassidy. I really loved all of the things that she put into her classroom. She used technology in places that it could use a book. I loved the thing that one of the kids said in the first video was "We can use a book but I like writing on my blog better. Using technology, students are allowed to be "free" but not free fully. A teacher must be aware of everything that is going on while on the devices. That is one impediment that could easily occur. Students getting on unsafe websites doesn't have to be a problem anymore because the use of iCurio has weaseled its way into schools. 


Alphabet
I loved all of the various things she used. Wikis were a resource that I found helpful because I have never thought of it being reliable. We have Wikipedia and anyone can add to that page making in unreliable. Wikis allow students to get their parents involved and families and they can add their information. Blogs are another thing that as this class continues, I fall more and more in love with the idea of blogging in the classroom. It allows students to see their progress and watch them grow and watch for people to read their work. 

A big thing that could be a problem from the beginning is the safety of all of the students when working with all of the kids in the class. A teacher can't have his or her eyes on every student at all times. One of the biggest safeties that can be implemented is not using the students real name or whole name on a blog or wiki. That can put students in harm and our job is to keep them safe while they are our responsibility. 

1 comment:

  1. Haley,

    Overall, you explained what you learned from Mrs.Cassidy's video very well! I found a few minor mistakes though. You said, "Wikis were a resource that I found helpful..." I would suggest saying Wikis is a resource I found helpful. That makes the sentence flow smoothly and it's easier to read. Also you said, "blogs are another thing that as this class continues, I fall more and more in love with the idea of blogging" were you saying that using blogs in EDM is helping you grow to the idea of blogging in your classroom? One more thing consider explaining what you mean in this sentence "She used technology in places that it could use a book." I hope you find this helpful!

    Shakeya Andrews

    ReplyDelete