Sunday, November 24, 2013

C4K Summary for November

C4K Week #1 - 
Dancers are both athletes and artists
My first post for the first week of November was on Emma's blog in Ms. Horst's Grade 7 class. Emma posted about dancing, and she discussed whether it was a sport or not. She defined dancing as: SPORT~noun 1) an activity involving physical activity and a skill which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment. 2) to play in a lively, energetic way. Her argument was against the people that say that dance isn't a sport. She did an excellent job with her argument. 


C4K Comment #1 - 

Hello Emma, 
My name is Haley Smith, and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. I am studying elementary education in order to be a teacher one day. I really loved reading your post. The definition that people have of sports is fairly wrong. People think football, baseball, or soccer are the only “sports” worth mentioning as actual sports. They are wrong. If you work hard and remain active then dancing is most certainly a sport. You wrote this post very well. Keep up the great work!! 


C4K Week #2 - 


In my second week of November for C4K, I had Sione from Pt England School. She described that her class was going to Kawau Island. I really thought she did a great job with her post to

Kawau Island
her blog. In her post she described the things that she will do such as swim and play volleyball and go walking. Her class will also go on a dinner cruise and enjoy Mr. Coop's cooking. 

C4K Comment #2 - 


Hello Sione, My name is Haley Smith, and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. I loved reading your post on your soon to take trip! I hope you have a wonderful time at Kawau Island. I love to swim and play volleyball. I remember taking trips out of school with my class when I was in school, and they are so much fun! Have a blast, and great post! :)

C4K Week #3 - 

My final C4K of this course was a class post. I commented on Team One: Rock Stars blog post, Stacking Bottle Tops. The post focused on a picture of the bridge that the students made out of bottle tops. It took them a long time to make the bridge, but it was covered with colors and looked great! How many do you think is on the bridge? 


C4K Comment #3 - 


Hello, 
My name is Haley Smith, and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama.
Stacking Bottle Tops
think you did a fantastic job building your bridge. This is a great way to use recycled materials to make beautiful art. I think you used 147 bottle tops. Great job! Keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment