Sunday, November 3, 2013

C4K Summary for October

C4K #4: The R Word
Stop the Spread of the R wordMy post that I had for the first week of October was Colin from Mrs. Ripp's class. I really liked what I read this week because it was on the use of the "R" word. This is a word that is hurtful to people that can't help who they are. Colin explained to his audience that the word is hurtful and that the best thing that we can do is to not use it. He told his readers that people are using that word for more than the true meaning. They are using it to bully and make fun of different people. 

C4K Comment #1

Hey Colin! My name is Haley Smith, and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I really liked reading this post. I know that I have said this word in the past, but when I was in high school I took a pledge to not say it anymore. This word is hurtful, and it is unfair for those that can’t control their body and what is going on in their head. I hope you pledge not to say it. Great thoughts!! :)

C4K #5 - 8-9 Chpt

Out of My Mind is a book that apparently a lot of students are reading. This is the second post this month on this book! Anyway, Brodie's blog post this week was based on chapters 8 and 9 of the book. He discussed that Melody might be jealous because her sister can see and Melody can't. He also mentioned the dog in the story, Buttercup. Buttercup is Melody's guide dog. The final thing that Brodie posted on was that the author, Sharon Draper made him confused when he read the story. 
Out of my Mind
C4K Comment #2: 

Hey Brodie! My name is Haley Smith, and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. I am studying in school to be an elementary school teacher. I was assigned your blog to read and learn from students just like you! I really like your post. I have never read Out of my Mind, and I watched the book trailer in order to understand a little more. I like that you stated your opinion on Melody being jealous and also being confused. Keep working at it, and one day you will understand quickly! Keep reading! Great post! :)

C4K #6 - (No Title)
Keathan had a good day!
For my third comment in the month of October, I had Keathan's blog from Mrs. Schroeder's class 4E. His blog post was about how his day was going. He discussed the things he did the day before and even the things he planned to do that night like going to a friends house. Although his post was difficult to read because all of the words were abbreviated, I still feel he did a good job.  

C4K Comment #3 - Hey Keathan! My name is Haley Smith, and I am a student just like you! I am in college at the University of South Alabama. I was assigned your blog this week for a class I am taking called EDM 310. I really enjoyed reading about your day. I think that blogs are a great tool to share things such as fun stuff about your day and what you like to do! Keep up the good work and keep blogging! :)

C4K #7 - This is my movie about the three little pigs

My final comment for the month of October was on Korobeau's blog. I commented on the video that he made for the three little pigs. This was simply the story we all know and love but with his own touch to it. It has the words and the pictures that we know as the story. 
The Three Little Pigs
C4K Comment # 4 - Hey Korobeau! My name is Haley Smith, and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. I really loved watching your movie. You did a great job with the story and the animals and construction of the houses. This was one of my favorite stories growing up as a kid. I hope you continue to make movies and work hard because you can go somewhere with this! We may have the next big director on our hands! Great job! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment